Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Special Gift

It seems like no matter what the occasion it is often times difficult to find a special gift for the people that you are closest to. I have spent many hours looking for gifts for loved ones. Whether it is for Christmas or birthdays it seems that the quest for the perfect gift is often very time consuming for me. One day I was shopping for myself and came across a special gift for my sister. She is allergic to metal so is very limited in what jewelry she can wear. I found a bracelet that was made of glass beads. It was two strands wide and was stretchy, so there was no metal clasp. I knew this bracelet would make a great gift for my sister because the colors complimented several of her outfits. During another shopping trip I found a special gift for my godchild. She has always liked things in a heart shape. I found glass shaped hearts in a variety of colors and sizes. The store also had a clear glass heart shaped bowl. I purchased several of the hearts and the bowl. This will be a great house warming present. I realized that I had better luck finding a special gift when I wasn’t looking for one. I decided that when ever I am out shopping I am going to look at items that would make a nice present. By doing this the shopping is much more relaxed. It is also a good way of saving money because when you shop year round for a special gift you can often times buy things that are on sale. Even if the item is not on sale, by buying things through the year I do not have such a huge bill around the holiday time. If you are going to try this I will make a couple of suggestions to make purchasing gifts ahead of time easier. One thing is to make a list of the people that you ordinarily buy for. The list should be small enough to carry in your wallet, so that you always have it with you. That way when you find a special gift for someone on your list you can cross their name off. At the holiday or birthday time you can then check how many gifts you still need to purchase. Another tip to help with buying gifts early is to place all of your purchases in a central location. This way you will know where to find the present at the time you need it. I ended up buying more than one special gift for the same person because I could not remember where I stored the first one. If you are organized in the way you make your purchases you can save money and time by shopping for presents throughout the year. This will help the holiday season seem more pleasant, and gift giving more fun.

0 Comments: